Good afternoon! It has been really exciting to see all the upcoming releases from Papertrey Ink in celebration of their 9th Anniversary. That is quite a milestone!
I made this card for the Papertreyink Sample Square Challenge. You needed to create a card that included 9 altered squares, each sized 1.5 inches. I had a leftover background with yellow distress ink and gold paste stenciled on it that I didn’t like. I couldn’t get any ideas going so I decided this might make a good square for the card.
This set the tone for my card, yellow and gold. I just felt like those colors today!
I took more pictures than I normally do because it was hard to get a great picture of all the details.
Here is what I did to each square top to bottom, left to right:
1. Watercolored with yellow and then stamped gold stars from PTI set
2. This was the inspiration paper – yellow distress on watercolor then used a stencil and gold paste
3. A large flower that I stamped with Flitter glue and added gold decofoil. I then trimmed to size.
4. I used a stencil and inked over it with Scattered Straw.
5. I used the Fashion Sense stamp and embossed in gold, then did a quick watercolor in yellow. I felt she deserved to be in the center!
6. Took a piece of watercolor and cut with Tim Holtz die, trimmed to size and colored it with Wink of Stella in Gold.
7. Watercolored with Zig Markers, Yellow and a little orange. I thought about stamping something but liked as is.
8. Die cut an apple from PTI using their beautiful gold foil paper. Went around the apple with gold watercolor.
9. Heat embossed the shapes with gold powder, then used a little Scattered Straw since I had it out.